Today me, the kids, my mom and a friend of the family Tonya went to the 'Rogers Cemetery' to put some 4th of July stuff on Kaelsy and Steven's graves. We cleaned up the weeds around the graves and I put a heart on each grave out of red rock. Kiley wanted to make the hearts look even prettier and put some flowers in the heart it was cute.Kiley and Gaige enjoyed helping out and making things look good. I hadn't been up there since last year when we put up the headstones. It is still pretty weird but it was nice to be up there. It will be two years on the 17th of this month since they passed away. Time has gone by so quick, I still can't get used to the fact that they are gone. On Thursday night my parents and I went to dinner with Dennis and his wife Renee. He was at the wreck and did so much to help out with the boys and Kindy and the other couple in the accident. I am so thankful that he chose to help out my family that day. If he hadn't of helped things would have been so much worse. It was good to see him I hadn't seen him since the fall of 2005. We had a good talk about that day and a lot of other neat things. Anyway, I'll stop babbling. I'm off to bed.

P.S. Don't forget you can click on any pic to see it larger.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Katie. Way to go you always make me cry when you post things on steven and kaelsy. I cant believe that they are gone either. Its good to see you and your family doing so well and growing up. Your kids are beautiful. I think that Gaige looks like steven except with blonde hair. I love it. Home you are doing well. -melissa bloomfield
Bailey said…
Cute! Im glad you took pics, I've never seen their headstones, they look great! What's with Kiley's different shoes?
Kasey said…
Kids are so sweet!
Heitmann Family said…
I just saw Tanner for the first time this weekend and loved his red hair! I can't help but think of Steven when I look at Tanner. I think it is so cool that Tanner is named after him. I am reminded to be thankful for every day. Thanks for posting!!
That is so cool that you were able to go there. Your kids look so cute as usual. We miss your family!
Aleia said…
What a special day and a great way to show our respect for our loved ones!
Lydia said…
Looks like you had a special day. I still can't believe that they aren't here any more either. But it is nice to know where they are and that they are busy doing the Lord's work. Two years seems to have gone so fast.
Looks like you guys had a good trip! How special for the kids... thanks for sharing.
cluffgirl said…
I hope you guys had a good fourth of july. That's sweet what Kiley did with the flowers! I can do Kiley's hair, she seem's like she would be able to hold still :) It's hard to do the squirmy kids. I'll keep my eye out for cute kids style's, unless you already have something in mind. She's gotta look good for her first day of kindergarten! Scary to think about how fast kids grow up! I want Ayden to stay a baby forever! J/k
That is great for the kids to go up to see their headstones. I think for all of us it makes it more real.
jacblanch said…
What beautiful pictures! I've never seen their headstones. They turned out really nice. Sorry we missed you on the fourth! Maybe next year we'll be up in Eagar too.
Shannon said…
I'm glad you posted a picture of their headstones. I have never seen them. They are so fitting to their personalities. It still seems so not real to me that they are gone.

Popular posts from this blog