Help!!

My sweet little Gaige has really been driving me CRAZY!!! He can be the sweetest little boy you ever met but the next thing you know he's on a rage destroying whatever and whoever comes in his path. He is just so stubborn when it comes to anything I ask him to do or stop doing. He is so ruff with Kiley and Landon. And don't get me started on when it comes to nap time and bedtime he just won't stay in bed he comes out a numerous amount of times, that me and Brendan are ready to beat him (ok not really but ya know what I mean) I just don't know what to do with him or how to help him get structured. Any suggestions? PLEASE!

Comments

Lydia said…
Call Nanny 911! I know what your going through. I think the best thing is consistency. It's hard, but it is worth it. Doesn't Sariah's kids go down good? What does she do? Can you help me get a cool blog page...or tell me where to go and how you do it. When does Kiley start school? It's kind of sad, huh? Call me sometime. I start work Wednesday. Love ya!!!
Kasey said…
Oh Katie! We need a girls night (would you be down with a late Michaels and Target trip and then Applebees?)! Todd has been on the same kick and I'm about ready to kick him! He's also been extra mouthy and I want to pinch his lips off. If you find something that helps let me know. I'm out of ideas over here! I've just resorted to giving them candy for being naughty. It makes them happy so I can have 1 sane moment. Good luck!
heidi said…
turn the locks around on his bedroom door so it locks from the outside. after he falls asleep just unlock and open the door. :) might sound mean to some, but after a few times they stop trying and you don't even lock the door anymore. anything is worth a try when nap time and bed time are not happening! :)
Aleia said…
I know all about stubborness. Most of the time I feel like Faith is the boss. It must run in the family:)
Kasey said…
I forgot about the door locks. I did that when Todd was first sleeping in a big boy bed. It worked and now he doesn't even try to get out of bed. I have lost track when Bunco is. It seems it's been totally on random night the last few months. I think that Amber Webb is in charge next time. I have noticed that many wards have a Bunco blog. Mabe we should set one up and even if you and me are the only ones that check we'll know when it is and who is hosting. Tuesdays don't work for me either. That works out then. WE are going out of town nest weekend and I'm getting ready to have my preschool open house on WEdnesday, so lets plan a night the week after. Let's really do it this time! Talk to you sooon!
Amy said…
I've enjoyed the few episodes I've seen of Super Nanny...and like a previous comment mentioned, consistency is the key...even if it takes hours of staying outside his bedroom door and putting him right back in bed, he'll get the point that he's no match for mom and dad!!! And the naughty spot/corner always works for me but I also started an award chart where they earn star stickers for good behavior and obedience...really hurts them when they have to have a star removed for being naughty. Have an x amount of stars needed to earn a reward...they really try harder to be better when they know they have a reward to look forward to! At least that is what is working right now...you know your kids best and you'll find something that works...just know you have many friends struggling with you!!! xoxoxoxo
Kasey said…
Lots have just called it by their ward. So Creekside Bunco? I don't know. What ever fits your mood. I am trying customize my blog and I just realized I'm computer illiterate. So having you creat the blog sounds wonderful!
Shannon said…
Katie, the boy I babysit, his parents too turned the locks on the outside and just let him scream until he finally gives up. I too was thinking of Nanny 911. Try watching some of those shows for some ideas. I remember one episode where the parents were having the same problem getting their child to stay in bed. Once the child comes out, don't say anything to him. Just grab his hand and walk him back to his room, put him in his bed and shut the door. I know it is easier said than done. And it takes lots of patience. I know I will be experiencing the same thing here soon with Landen. He is already awful when it come to bedtime. Good luck.
Josh n' Meagan said…
I think I have the best idea...just send him to live with Grandma!! haha.

Popular posts from this blog