It's about time!!!

{Ok you don't have to read it all but I am so excited to finally have some stores out here!!! I highlighted the stores that are almost done or still coming and as it says in the article they have not announced all the stores coming out yet. There is also suppose to be a big library going in somewhere around that area, so that is also a plus! }
Independent Newspapers Queen Creek soon will be hit with a wave of new business grand openings. One of the first in the long line of major retail stores and restaurants coming to the town is a Super Target, set to open around March 9, according to Ryan Desmond a project man­ager for Vestar Development. Vestar has developed Queen Creek Marketplace, a 90-acre project comprised of more than 900,000 square feet of retail space. Located on the south­west corner of Rittenhouse and Ellsworth Loop roads, the proj­ect has been under construction since early last year. Along with Target, Kohl’s is slated to open in early March, too, Mr. Desmond said. A host of “junior anchors” will also open near the March grand opening of Target and Kohl’s. “It’s a great mix of tenants,” Mr. Desmond said. “Spanning everything from necessity to shopping to dining opportuni­ties.” Other stores slated for the project include BevMo!, Tilly’s, Sport Chalet, Old Navy, Ross, Circuit City, PetSmart, Office Max, Shoe Pavilion, Cost Plus World Market, Famous Footwear, JC Penney and Bed, Bath and Be­yond. Queen Creek was chosen for the project because of the area’s growing population, Mr. Desmond said. “It’s really the next logical (area) for retail growth,” he said. Another project nearing com­pletion in the town’s center is the Cornerstone at Queen Creek. The project is on the northwest corner of Rittenhouse and Ocotillo roads and when finished it will contain 380,000 square feet of re­tail space. Brian Frakes a principal with developer WDP said Staples, one of the development’s three anchor stores, will likely open around the end of February. Petco and Wal­Mart should open around the end of April, he said. A Bank of America, Danny’s Car Wash, Walgreen’s and Panda Express will start construction soon. Other retail tenants are being negotiated. Mr. Frakes said WDP soon will announce which stores are slated to open in the plaza. “ We’ve got a couple of signed leases,” he said. “(We will an­nounce) probably in the next cou­ple of months.” The project was originally planned to open earlier than what is now planned. Mr. Frakes said the delays had to do with getting infrastructure put in and some slight construction delays.

Comments

Kasey said…
Girl! Target is open. I've already been there 2 times. High light of my week for sure!
Jenn said…
That is awsome, and I did see a sign for a new Library last week. It is about time they put stuff out there.
Whoo! hoo! I'm doing a happy dance. Oh yeah!
Sara said…
Can you get them to put a Panda Express in Davenport? :) Sorry I never comment on your blogs - I check it several times a week, so you -are- loved!
I bet you are soooo excited - makes life so much easier!
britney said…
Let me guess....you live in queen creek right? lol - Im just guessing, cuz i put up with the traffic, no street lights, and no stores for 2 years. Then finally sold my house in Dec, right before everything was completed! I have to say that Im actually jealous of you! lol

Popular posts from this blog