Max

I had a friend from highschool, Max Saunders pass away in a car accident on the 23rd of Sept. and it got me thinking how fragile life is and how we need to enjoy it to the fullest. Not take things for granted like our family and friends. Especially our little ones. I really enjoyed the talk in conference (I already forgot who gave the talk) about how we need to cherish our little ones and not worry about the messes they make because some day those messes will be gone and we'll miss it but to enjoy them while they are young and still with us in our homes. Anyway back to Max, I haven't seen him since highschool. I have always wondered about certain people from school, I wondered how they were doing and what they were doing with their lives. Max was always one I thought about. I found out that he was working Phoenix Zoo (wouldn't that be fun!) And he loved gardening.
I've known Max since fifth grade and boy he loved to tease me (a lot like Steven use to) He gave me a nickname in middle school that has always stuck around with my friends and that was 'Momma Long Legs' (instead of Daddy Long Legs) I despised the name at the time but now I will always cherish it :) I feel for his family and close friends and hope they are doing ok. I wanted to share a poem that I really liked that was from the program at his funeral, I wish I had read it back when my brothers passed away. Anyway, I hope you like it.

I'M FREE
By: Shannon Lee Moseley

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God has chosen for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call;
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I've now found peace at the end of day.

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Oh yes, these things, I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
Look for the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seems all to brief;
Don't lengthen your pain with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and peace to thee,
God wanted me now-He set me free

Comments

Anonymous said…
No I didn't know that Max passed away. It took me a minute to think back to who he was, but I do reamember him now and that is sad to hear. I do like the poam that you posted. It is nice to hear the good side of death.
cluffgirl said…
That is so sad, but what a great poem to remember where we go and how happy those who have passed are now. BTW, when I saw your blog name (Max), I thought that was what you were going to name your baby. That would be a cute baby name :)
Wow, that is hard...I wish his family and friends the best. That poem definitely puts it into perspective doesn't it.

I liked the talk too about children. I think of that throughout the day when messes happen and I say the same thing. I will miss it when it is gone. We definitely have to savor each moment.
Holly said…
Wish you could have been to the funeral with me! I looked around and saw a few others from our grade there. I thought it was cool that he worked at the zoo..fit max to the tee.
jacblanch said…
Oh, I'm so sad to hear that! I always liked Max, I was in a photography class with him and we had a lot of fun together. I like that poem.
Jennifer said…
I loved that Cnference talk too. I think it was Pres. Monson. When we said that about how someday we'll miss the toys all over the house and piles of unfoled laundry I looked and Brandon and said, "He's just saying that..." But I know it's true.
Eileen said…
That is too bad when tragic things like this happen. That is a great poem though.
britney said…
Aw! I heard about this shortly after it happened, and I believe it was President Monson who gave that talk (but im not postitive). But it also hit me too. I have been really working on my patience and at letting certain things go, becuz I would rather go for a walk with my little girl instead of doing the dishes. But you never know how much time you have, and hos much time spent with someone might change yours or their life. I loved Max, he just had a way to brighten any day. And I especially love how in 6th grade he kept saying those two really big words to impress everyone, so our english teacher made those two words into our spelling test:
antidisestablishmentarianism &
pneumonoultramicroscopicsiliconivolcaniconiosis ----- or something like that. I think I pretty much hated him for like 2 weeks for that last one. But its funny how i will always remember him by that. :) It still brings a smile to my face.

Popular posts from this blog