Not too Happy

I'm pretty disappointed tonight with the election results as I am sure a lot of you are. The only plus side to the whole election was prop 102 passed!!!! YEAH!!!!!! I thought McCain gave a great speech tonight, it was very noble of him and I gained a little more respect for him. As for Obama I was thinking about Pres. Packer's talk in Regional conference and how one of his last sentences of the talk he said that 'a drastic change was coming' Which was a little scary to think about. Anyway, after Obama's speech tonight the thought occurred to me that the main word in Obama's campaign has been 'Change' you see it all over the signs people hold at the rally's(or whatever they are called) To me that was a little scary. I kind of had the feeling after Pres. Packer said those words that Obama would be one of those changes. Anyway, I think that historically it is WONDERFUL that a African American was elected President of the United Sates. It is good to see how much things have progressed. I just wish Obama had been someone that I respect and had good values. I fear for what is coming in the future but as Pres. Packer said 'have Faith and don't fear' so that is something I will try to do and instill upon my children. Well, I got my thoughts all out so I am off to bed.

Comments

Salsa Mama said…
Those were exactly my thoughts during regional conference, too! I thought it was no coincidence that Pres. Packer used the term "change" with that being Obama's main gimmick. Now, I guess we need to work on the "no fear" part!
Kasey said…
Thank you for posting. I'm too scared to voice my opinion. I have a good friend who totally voted for him and all I want to do is slap her in the face! I'm not kidding! I knew this was coming, I prayed that it woudldn't. I don't know what HF has in store for us, but now is the time to be prepared. Now more than ever. My stomach is so sick right now I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. I know that is a little dramatic, but I feel like being dramatic. I know that when things do start to change and it's not what people want then they will be changing their tunes and wishing they canned Obama when they had the chance. He's a smooth talker, a master manipulator and that my friends is why he won.
Jennifer said…
I agree with you absolutely 100%!
Meagan Rogers said…
Are you sure you don't want to come to Eagar? I think we should all just movie there and start our own little country.
Stephanie said…
"Change" is all over the place already! It is scary to think with a the House, Senate, and Presidency what will take place in the future?? Just glad that Jeff is no longer in the military. After what Clinton did to the military in his presidency it is hard to imagine what is to come in that aspect. Speaking of, how in the CRAP does someone get elected to be the Commander in Chief and have never served in any branch of the military???? That along with being a citizen should be a requirement. How do you effectively lead such a huge and main part of a country if you have never even been a part of it? McCain for sure had that on him but everyone wants "change"...

Ok I am done sorry.
Lydia said…
Ditto to all that you said. Remember the first talk at the conference too. Consecrate our lives to the Lord and we won't have need to fear. We all need to make righteous choices and teach our children. They are who I worry about. There won't be a grey line to walk anymore. We have to do all that we can to be on the Lord's side!
Reeds said…
WoW! That night he was elected I just started crying-I can't believe I was crying but I was. Reggie and I have had some big talks lately and figured we better buck up in the church and make sure our children are taught the Gospel and I really hope we can actually be tough and be the best we can-it sure is hard to CHANGE though.
Wooden's said…
All I have to say is Amen.
Tiff Hunt said…
Katie,
This is Tiffany, Amy Holly's sister. I just have to say that you put it so perfectly!! I truly believe that we have to make our homes Heaven on earth and teach our children that God will protect us if we are faithful and true! It's been told that before the second coming the Constitution will hang by a thread. This could just be the beginning. The sad thing is that there are people, good people who voted for the wolf in sheep's clothing. Sorry, I'm done.

I also wanted to ask you how you got the curly font on your blog? My blog is private, but I would love to know. Would you mind emailing me at huntfamily03@gmail.com. Thanks!
I hear ya...we just have to think positive and do what we can.

Popular posts from this blog