GET IT DONE!!!


Ok I am going to get this post out of the way! I have been wanting to really post for ever not just a little short takes me a second to publish type post. Ok first a quick catch up of the latest that is going on because it is probably confusing to some why I have an extra kid on my header. That is Sienna. She is my niece who has been living with me since Easter. Sienna is 3 1/2 years old and is actually a twin. Her and her sister Kaelsy are both little/BIG handfuls, so me and my sis-in-law who has her sister had no other option but to split them other wise we would go SUPER crazy(I go crazy sometimes with just her and couldn't imagine adding her sister on to the household) We don't like the idea of splitting up twins but they are both doing great and thriving. Especially because she has Landon to act in Kaelsy's stead and get into trouble constantly with him! And Kaelsy has my niece Brooklyn who is the same age as Landon. I get a lot of people who judge me/us about our decision to split them. But trust me they have NO idea how difficult these little girls can be sometimes. So I have been VERY busy these last few months. (don't mind Landon digging for gold in this pic)

*
Ok what's next.

Memorial day weekend I wanted to post about. We went to Pima for the weekend and all of Brendan's siblings were able to come so we had a good time. Brendan and the guys took the older kids out to Ashcreek to do some fishing. The all caught around two fish so the kids had a lot of fun with that. When they were hiking Brendan was leading the way and Kiley wasn't to far behind but she came running up and said she saw a snake. Brendan went right past it and didn't even notice it. Anyway it was a rattler sitting right on the trail. Here are some cute pics from Ashcreek:
The rattlesnake

*
Love this picture of Brendan. He was helping my niece Eden get her fish.
*
This is Cooper my nephew. You almost never catch him without his Cowboy hat. He looks so cute in it. And his little ears are always folded down from his hat(too cute)

*
The kids having fun jumping over the stream. Love this one just because it is a fun action shot

*
cute pic of Gaige

*
here's a pic of the crew with their fish. If you notice Gaige doesn't look to happy he was stung by a Bee and it ruined the rest of his day.

*
Here they all are heading back. Brendan's dad just bought the little Razor so it has been nice to pile the kids in and take off.

*
After they got back they went swimming in the little pool they have in the back

*
This was Kiley the entire time of swimming, showing off the girl drama

*
Me and Carsten hung out inside watching them swim through the window. My back was really jacked up for like two weeks and I couldn't do a whole lot without it bugging me. Anyway Carsten is sitting by himself now but he still falls over A LOT so he is well protected in this pic. :)

*
We had a great weekend but for some reason the bugs we out to get Gaige this weekend. As we were literally heading out to leave all the kids were in the car bucked and ready to go except Gaige he walked out with us it was 9 at night. So he is walking and them just starts screaming hysterically and we couldn't figure what the heck caused him to scream so I picked him up rushed him inside to see what was going on. He was stung by a scorpion on his foot. So after getting him all settled down it was like 10 at night and we still had a 2 1/2 hour drive so we decided to stay the night and leave in the morning.

*
We were talking with the kids on the way home about the snake and all the other crazy events that happened that weekend happened to Gaige... Hold that thought! Oh I almost forgot! We discovered there is a grey fox living in the backyard. It ran just a couple feet past Kiley and my niece Kira when they were playing out there. Kind of crazy! Anyway, back to talking about the snake we were talking about how we were lucky it didn't bite anyone and we teased heck I bet if Gaige had been the one to find it instead of Kiley it probably would have bit him by the way his weekend went.
*
Last but not least. This is my nephew Conner I have posted about him in the past. He is my sisters baby who was born a couple days after Carsten. Well he has some heart problems and just went back to California for heart surgery. He has surgery last Wed and it went pretty well. He has taken a bit longer to recover and has an infection right now but other than that is doing pretty well. I love the pic. It was taken of him like the day before surgery. Is that not the sweetest little pic? If you want to follow my sisters blog for updates he is the link: Conner's recovery

Comments

Anonymous said…
Um, scary scorpion! Sounds like you've been busy. I've been neglecting my blog too, that scary picture of matt has been up way too long...
Holly said…
I understand the challenge of taking on another kid. You guys are wonderful for all you are doing for those girls! Bummer about the scorpion..they are nasty little creatures!
Kasey said…
I totally think you guys did the best thing by splitting them up. I know it's hard Katie, but you have been doing great. Call me if you need anything. Really. I'm a good kid sitter!
Kindy said…
You guys are amazing for taking on extra kids. Don't even listen to anyone who tries to make you feel bad for splitting the twins! I''m sure that they are both happy and well taken care of and that's all that matters. Poor Gaige! He needs an ice cream after all those stings. Love ya!
Unknown said…
YAY- lots of cute pictures :). Sounds like you have definitely been busy. I am totally in awe at what you & Meagan are doing for the little girls- I hope I'd be able to do the same if I were in the same situation (even though you know it'll be SUPER tough going into it). You're awesome!!
jacblanch said…
1- Who cares what other people think?! You guys are doing the best you can, and both of those girls are in very good homes. That's what matters.
2- Poor Gaige! I can't believe he was stung by a bee AND a scorpion! And you saw a rattlesnake and a fox. Scary!
3- Cute pics of everyone! Glad you had a fun weekend, for the most part and sorry your back is hurting.

Love ya! :)
Cindy Clites said…
Fun post Katie! How wonderful you are to take on another child! THAT is a very Christlike thing to do. You and your sisters are ANGELS!!!! I love seeing your family!
Reeds said…
That is such a cute pic of Conner! I am so glad the surgery went well. Adding up all the critters for that weekend sure made it exciting!-Not really in a good way though. Katie you truly are a Saint-and the BEST mom!
heidi said…
sounds like a wild and crazy trip! Kiley looks so cute freezing on the wall. ha ha. how long do you get to keep sienna?
Aleia said…
Poor Gaige...bees and scorpions are two of my biggest phobias:o
Celeste B. said…
Wow! Lots happening for you guys. Poor Gaige is going to get a phobia soon about stinging insects.
Katie, I just wanted to say I admire you and Meagan both for taking the girls in. It was right ot split them. No matter what others say they each need so much attention that this was best for them. Don't let others comments get you down. YOU ARE AMAZING and those girls will be much better off this way. Poor Gaige..what a trooper though. Your vacation looked like a lot of fun!! Cute Pics.
Meagan Rogers said…
I didn't hear about the bee that happened before the scorpion. Poor kid! Cute pictures. Keep hangin' in there.
Eileen said…
Poor Gaige. I'm glad the snake dind't get him. I think you and Meagan are great for taking the girls into your families.

Popular posts from this blog