Four Years


I can't believe it has been four years since Kaelsy and Steven passed away. I am so glad that I don't feel the way I did that horrible Sunday. It still seems weird sometimes to think they are not here. I watched their video that my cousin Heath made for the memorial/funeral the other night. It is a video that has pictures of them from baby on to the last pics that were taken the day before they died. It also has pictures from the funeral. I never like watching the funeral part but I do anyway because I know if helps me to continue to heal. I hate how that day changed so many things in my life but I have grown stronger from it all. I am so thankful for the gospel and that Families are Forever. Miss and Love You KLC and Stevo
*
I really like this song it makes me think of my brothers so much and it is a fitting song for today.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love that song, too. Especially the "I wish upon tonight to see you smile" part. I'm glad you have a positive perspective, & the gospel does help A LOT to keep the eternal perspective. Stay strong. Your brothers love you & you'll be with them again.
Holly said…
I love that song, its perfect. I miss 'em too. I admire you and your family. You were handed a tough one and have come thru shining. Love ya!
Meagan Rogers said…
Every time I hear that song I think of them. Good thing to share today.
I can't believe it has been four years. I think about them often and I know I speak for Josh too when I say that we really miss them! I don't hardly have a memory of when I first was dating Josh without Kaelsy in it. I was just getting to know Steven too. You and your family have such strentgh. It really helps me to know that you can push past the loss in your life and still be positive and happy. I too am grateful that families are forever!
Shannon said…
I miss them too and am glad you are able to heal as time goes by. I am so glad we have the gospel in our lives to help us through tough times like this. If you need me today, let me know and I'll come help you. love ya.
Krista said…
Life just sucks sometimes. Good thing there's lots of good stuff in life too though. We miss those two crazies tons. We're going fishing tommorrow as a family. We'll catch a couple of big ones for them. Tom's says there is fishing in heaven or it wouldn't be heaven. He sure misses his fishing buddy. We love you guys.
jacblanch said…
What a great song. I pray that knowledge of being an eternal family brings you peace through the hard times. Hugs, and love you!
Connie said…
This year does seem alot easier for me too. I am thankful that it is easier for you too Katie. I admire you for your strength after going through what you did on that day. I would have been so traumatized if I had seen what you did. I sent many prayers your way! I testify that I believe in Christ and all that he promises us. Love you, MOM
Anonymous said…
Wow, what a pretty song, I've never head it before. I think about Kaelsy and Steven all the time. I'm glad to hear things are getting a little easier for you. :)
Stephanie said…
For some reason tonight was the night that I heard this song and had to cry :) It feels good to cry sometimes. You are amazing! I can only imagine the work that Heavenly Father had for them, just based off the things you have said about them over the past several years they sound great! We are going to miss you guys!! Where are you moving and when?
Lydia said…
Thanks for your post. I'm glad each year is a little bit better for you. That was a very hard day, that's for sure. I always wished I would have done things a little different, but I think it was the way it was. Does that make since? Who can use logical reasoning in those kind of circumstances? We have all gotten closer and our testimonies have grown. Thank heavens for the plan of salvation! Love the song! And YOU!!!! where are you moving ???? I'm in Utah right now with Heather and her family. We are going to Bear Lake in the morning.
Jennifer said…
They look like such fun guys and like best friends to eachother!

Love ya!
Kindy said…
That picture always makes me laugh:) I never believed anyone when they said that time would heal, but it's so true. I'll always miss Kaelc and Steven but our lives have been blessed for sure! Love ya!
Jenny said…
Katie, everytime I read or hear something about your brothers it reminds me of my own family's loss of my brother. He died I think two years and ten days after yours. So weird that him and Steven were the same age. I miss my brother so much. Time does heal I have to agree. But man, that missing part never goes away.

Popular posts from this blog