Style!


Wow take a look at the dress I wore after I was baptized isn't she a beauty! I am so glad styles have changed for the better! I do know Anne of Green Gables would have liked it, it has puff sleeves (sort of) Which I am reading the book right now love it. They have done really well sticking to what's in the book for the movie.
*
Also this is going to be the entertainment area of the new house. I need help any ideas of what to do to make it super cute? I need ideas for the top, the shelves (one will be for the dvd player and stuff) and by the window. We were thinking of doing big pots on both of the ends. Also what do you guys think of painting the insides of them a darker brown? Yeah I just need help I stink when it comes to making things super cute!

p.s. Carsten is crawling as of 7/23 Slowly but surely!

Comments

jacblanch said…
Awwww, Kiley is such a cutie!
As far as the entertainment center thing... I think what you have planned sounds really cute. My cousin's wife, Nikki, has some really pics on her blog of how she's decorated her built-in shelf really cute using word art. You can get some really cute ideas there. http://www.crittycraftcreations.blogspot.com/
Stefany said…
Pictures frames, candles, plants (greenery).....those are always great "in-style" decorations. You have a lot of space to decorate there so have fun with it!!!
Meagan Rogers said…
I'm not a good decorator. So I have no suggestions. Nice dress! Makes me want to pull my puffy sleeved baptism dress out. Wonder if my mom still has it?
I too had a dress just like it, only in black. I love love Anne of Green Gables. It's only my most favorite book ever! And the movies are really good too! Built-ins are so nice. I love your paint idea. start with that, then I'm sure it will all fall into place. By the way congrats on your new house. Hope the move goes smooth!
Holly said…
Hey, I remember you wearing that dress,crazy. Good luck with the decorating, I dont think my style is what you like. How fun though!
Reeds said…
Hey Katie-
I know you pulled that dress out to see if it still fits! j/k but of course no matter what you wear, you will make it look good :) And your daughter too.
Jennifer said…
I wish I had kept the dress I wore after I was baprized! That's so fun to see Kylie in yours!

How FUN that you are moving. Well....moving really isn't fun...but having a new place to live is! I totally do not stress when it comes to decorations. I just pick up things here and there that I like and add there. I do like the idea of painting the insides of the entertainment center a different color and having big pots up there would be cute too! Maybe you can make a wooden sign with a saying...those are cheap and cute and you can make it any size/color you need.
Eileen said…
Katie, Love Kiley in your dress. Have fun decorating. Sherry is really good.

Popular posts from this blog