Trunk or Treat!

We had our ward trunk or treat last night. The kids had a great time. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. Why? Because 1. I feel no connection to this ward yet. It is like going to your friends trunk or treat. 2. My last ward would always do dinner and we would just hang and have fun then do trunk or treat. 3. I MISS Creekside!!!!!! 4. Did I mention I MISS my old ward and all my friends?????? Anyway enough of my sob story and on to the cute kiddos.

As you can See Landon is a cute Cowboy, in the group shot he has a little horse costume that his little legs are in. Kiley was a clown. For school they had a character Parade and she was Junie B. Jones 'Squirtey the Clown' from the book 'Boo! And I mean it!' Gaige was a Red Power Ranger, at ward Trunk or Treats they ask not to have the kids where masks so we painted on to make him look like he does. He was happy! At school he was going to be the Power Ranger but then I got a letter saying they needed to be an original literature character and I wasn't going to pay more money to buy another costume so he went as 'Dick' From the kids Book 'Dick and Jane'. He is dressed as Dick in the book when he is wearing his dads clothes. I though it was cute! Brendan wasn't to sure about him going as 'Dick' he thought he would get made fun of with that name. But kids that little don't have a clue. Carsten was a skeleton, I painted his nose for the picture then wiped it right off before it was everywhere :) We had fun!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My new best friend


So Carsten has been pretty spoiled and had not learned to go to bed on his own until last week. He was so stubborn when I would put him down in the past and cry forever and I didn't have the time to deal with it so he would get rocked to sleep then I would put him in the swing when he was asleep. Why the swing you ask and not his bed? For some reason he has never liked hs bed even from the beginning. As soon as I would put him down he would either wake up right away or with in five minutes and that equal a 10 min nap and I was not going to deal with that. He would sleep 2 hours in the swing so I was happy :) Anyway last week I finally bucked it up and let him cry for like 2 hours at a time seriously every time I put him down. This week was much better though he still had a hard time with me leaving him or not touching his back or anywhere so he would know I was still there. Well This little flashlight just happens to be the perfect weight of a hand on a bum. Stick that on there and Wa La I am FREE!!!

*
I was inspired by Nie Nie when she did profiles of her family and had to do the same! I told my sister about it and she did it right away. It took me like six months to finally get around to it but I finally did it and am sooo glad I did. I did it all by computer instead of the was Nie Nie does it, You take pics of your families individual profiles then print them as 8X10 cut them out then spay paint them. Easier for me to do it on the computer. Then sent them to Wal-Mart and picked them up an hour later. I got the frames at hobby lobby for 50% off. If anybody wants some done I will do it! Just send me the pics!

*
This last one I had to add cause it is just sooo cute! It is his latest face he likes to make.

Comments

Sara said…
Katie, the sleeping pictures is awesome!!
Sara said…
Er... I meant to type "picture" not "pictures." Time for bed.
Kindy said…
Cute costumes! And I love your profile pics!
Holly said…
Cute costumes, cute profiles! Flashlight is a great idea! Kids are funny.
Amber Dee said…
Cute costumes! I miss the Creekside crew also. Give it some time. I am finally making friends and getting settled here after one year.
Anonymous said…
Love your profile pictures, great job! That sleeping picture is funny, Mia likes a blanket on her head too!
Kasey said…
I want my profiles done! And I LOVE Hobby Lobby!!! Love the kids costumes! Can't wait for tomorrow!
Stephanie said…
I love the last pic!!! We miss you guys too and wish you hadn't left! Trunk or Treat was great this year... just come to ours it will be ok :) I loves those pics when I saw them on her site and almost thought about doing it but... I have no time any more so maybe when they are grown and gone??!
Kasey said…
FYI Kylee says you need to get a horse. Better get on it!
Today was fun! We need to do the park too.
Reeds said…
Oh my gosh your kids are adorable. Good job on the mask for Gaige! You really went all out for all of them. That is too cute that you had to stick a flashlight on Carstens bum. The profile pics you did are way cute-how did you do that on your computer. Well you and your cute faced Carsten have fun.
Wow...I haven't been on in awhile. The kids look cute...I love the one of Gaige for school. Great idea for keeping Carsten asleep. I love the new face he makes. Oh yaa and the motorcycles look like tons of fun!
Jennifer said…
How hard were the profiles? I have been wanting to make some but they look like too much work for little ol' me. Let me know!

I love the baby tending flashlight! Market it!
Heitmann Family said…
I love the profiles. When I saw Sariah's I wanted some done, but now seeing yours I really want some done. Maybe when we repaint our tv room!! Oh yeah and I love the flashlight idea. Brillian!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Heartbroken :.(

He's Here!