Happenings

So not a lot of fun things have been going on lately just the normal everyday things. But I wanted to post some things for journal purposes.

023

Carsten LOVES to be outside and anytime the door is left open to long he escapes! When he gets out the door he crawls as fast as he can away from the house before mom catches him. If he doesn’t have pants on(which is a lot of the times) He crawls like Mowgli when he is pretending be an elephant in the jungle book. It cracks me up every time. In fact when we were having the big storms last week he sprinted out the door! it wasn't raining yet but it was as windy as can be(probably from the supposed Tornado warning) I jut let him do it. I wanted to see what he would think about the strong wind. I was surprised he wasn’t much affected by it unless it was right in his face then he wasn’t to sure about not being able to breath from the strong winds. Speaking of the storm we actually faired ok. The wash did it job up til the end of the storm it was getting backed up in the back of our property and the wash broke and headed for our neighbors house. Good thing we all are on a lot of land otherwise he would have been flooded and the fact that not to long after the wash broke the storm died down thank heavens. It wasn’t til the next day though that I saw that we had water damage in my dining room. The roof leaked. We have 11 foot ceilings and the water leaked half way down the wall and 3 foot area on the ceiling. The area that leaked down the wall is all bubbly and ugly. It isn’t to horribly noticeable thank heavens but none the less ugly! I guess Pinal county is trying to get federal fund to come and help out for damage done in the storm and you can report to them no later then Feb 5 damage you have sustained. We are thinking of doing it. Here is the link for you Pinal county people that may need it  Pinal County Emergency Management. Alright on to other things :)

Brendan would feel so cool if I posted him jumping with the motorcycle so I am going to post a video just for him cause he complains I never post anything cool! :) Now he can’t complain! lol love u Bim.

      

The kids have been having a lot of fun in the backyard enjoying the weather and the trees. They love to climb. Gaige climbed this tree then wanted me to take a picture of him. I forgot and the poor kid sat up there waiting 15 min but hey we finally got the picture :) He is loving being out doors more and more. He use to be my kids that I had to beg to go outside! :) He is doing great in school and is reading really well. He gave a talk in primary this month and did great!

                            027

Kiley was in the school spelling bee and did an awesome job! They started off with the 5th grade spelling words and she had the word ‘Urgent’ and spelt it right away. They had so many kids that by the time they got to her again the were already in the 7th grade spelling level which Kiley and I had only studied up to 6th grade. The word was ‘Routine’ She spelt it ‘Ruttine’ Pretty dang close and good for her to be that close to spelling it right. I was a little disappointed with how the school did the spelling bee with the younger kids and felt they should have started off at an easier spelling level so more if the little kids could have at least got one word right. Now we know what to expect for next year and we will be studying  5th grade words and up :) She was a great sport about it all! Good job Kiley!

Spelling Bee

I wanted to post this picture of me and Carsten and how much we look a like in our baby pictures, it is pretty crazy! My brother Josh thought I photoshopped his head on me. I have always thought he looked more like me :)

me and carsten 

Now on to Landon, I don’t want to leave the sweet little tease out :) TEASE TEASE TEASE oh my goodness this kid loves to tease! But we love him for it! Anyway this picture I was trying to capture the face he make when he is nervous or shy. It is a new face since he lost his two front teeth. He makes this ‘old grandpa who has no teeth’ face with his mouth. It cracks me up it’s so cute!

023

And last, this is the view I got to see right when I walked out of my house this morning. I love how the clouds are going in between the mountains. I love rain!

017

Comments

Jennifer said…
Carsten does look just like his mamma...a cute, boyish version! :)

Love the update!
Holly said…
It was fun seeing you all in your new house! Thanks for letting us just stop by. Guess you cant completely escape the wind huh?! ;)
Wow those are beaustiful pictures! That is too funny that you forgot Gaige in the tree...haha!
Kasey said…
Shannon told me the news yesterday. CRAZY!
Connie said…
Nice Pics It is really pretty out your way. I did not remember how much Carston looked like you until you pointed it out.
Celeste B. said…
Sweet video! Your kids are getting so big. Life is good when not too many things are going on at once. Enjoy the break!
Heitmann Family said…
You and Carsten do look a ton alike!! I love the view from your back yard!! I am a sucker for pretty pictures though!!!
Reeds said…
Cute post! I'm really sorry about your roof leak-that's a huge bummer and a real pain too. I can't believe how much Carsten looks like you, that is so awesome!
Amber Dee said…
It must be nice to have some land. Show us some pictures of the house.
Salsa Mama said…
Oh my, those pictures are IDENTICAL!! So cute!
Stephanie said…
It is great to hear you all are doing so good! That is really great of Kiley to spell so well. I can't believe that Gaige is reading already, that is awesome. Although I guess he is older than Patton isn't he :) I always forget they are actually a few years apart.
Shannon said…
That is too funny that Carsten will walk like that. You two do look identical. Wow. Good job for Kiley doing so well on the spelling bee. Cute pics of all the kids.

Popular posts from this blog