All Caught Up!

Ok so a couple Sundays ago my kiddos looked so cute after church that I HAD to take their pictures :) I wanted to write something about them individually for their individual pictures so first here are my little Monkeys all together                                                                       head                                                                             

Miss Smiley Kiley. She is growing up so fast is is such a sweet girl. She is the such a GOOD helper around the house and in school. I went to teacher conferences today and 035her teacher was telling me how impressed she is with Kiley and that whoever works with Kiley or sits at her table has a total attitude adjustment. She says sometimes Kiley gets some really hard personalities that sit at her table and it is hard for her table to earn points sometimes because of it but her teacher said that she has noticed that the kids that sit with her do so much better they say ‘Lets be good so Kiley can get the points for the table’ She said Kiley is always redirecting them to make better choices and changes the flow of their behavior. I was so impressed to hear this and it made me so happy that she is such a good example to those around her and that they want to be better kids from just being around her. She is such a smart little girl and a natural leader.

  

Gaige Boy. I also was able to go to Gaige Teacher conference today and he is doing so WELL in all the areas. He047 was pretty shy the first few months of school and his teacher was concerned about him in that social aspect of making friends but she said he has definitely come out of his shell and has many friends in his class. I told her he’s like me takes awhile to warm up :) His best friend he says is Joshua. Today he also said to me that all the boys are crazy in his class except him. I hope that’s true cause he’s pretty crazy here :) He actually is really mellow at school. I am happy for that! He has only gotten a yellow light once which is only a warning and it was for something that wasn’t very bad. They are trying to get the kindergarteners ready for first grade and using the right behavior so it was normal kindergarten behavior. Gaige is so helpful and loves to do anything for Carsten. He is a big teddy bear.

 

Poosie Boo. This kid LOVES to tease! He has such a fun personality. Loves to give anyone a good laugh or drive them 057crazy with his teasing. For instance sometimes I will take a nap on the couch in the morning while Carsten is sleeping and I will have PBS on for Landon. He always cuddles up and sits on my legs and watches T.V. while I nap. Yes my nap alarm is always set (Little inside joke there:) Anyway, next thing I know I will be woken up to my feet being tickled or him pulling my hair or taking my blanket off or the silliest yet I awake to the little stinker sitting on on my head. He cracks me up. He of course is at the independent age of having to do everything himself. He buckles him self now in his Car seat which is always my favorite thing they learn to do in the car. He is very competitive and always wants to be the first to open the front door when we get home or of course there will be a fit. He ALWAYS has to win me buckling up or I get and earful if I don’t. He also is a big helper with Carsten getting my diapers, Sippy cups etc…

 

Carstie Poo. Well Carsten is now 14 months old and FINALLY walking! Yeah! He started full time with in the last couple days but has been taking steps for a couple weeks. He is my latest walker of all my 018kids yet by 4 months. He is getting all of his molars so that hasn’t been a whole lot of fun but I can’t complain because he hasn’t been to terrible. He is a shy little guy and takes at least 5-10 minutes to warm up to someone new. Especially if they are looking at him. He doesn’t gives smiles away easy. You really have to work for them if he doesn’t know you. Kiley was the same. He still LOVES to play peek a boo and says ‘See you’ or ‘Boo’ He is starting to climb in places I don’t want him to be of course :) You already know he LOVES the outdoors. He loves ‘Cat’ and she loves to play with him and bat at him all the time they go back and forth hitting each other. She is always soft with him. He knows who his siblings are if you ask where they are he’ll look at them. He says dog and also barks. He like to give people five all the time it is cute.

 

Alright now on to other things. That same Sunday we had some fun with the ‘Bendaroos’ Kiley got for Christmas from Grandma Robin and I made each kid a mouse to play with and I love owls so I had to make one of those too. Well the kids wanted a photo shoot of their little friends and we had fun posing them all different pose (maybe a little TOO much fun lol)mouse

Brendan is always so happy when I post about his motorcycle so here we go again :) Brendan 003went riding last Friday out to the ‘Coke ovens’ out by Florence with his bro Brian. They went camping Thursday night then rode most the day of Friday. Around the area and through a box canyon.               015  He bought himself new riding gear to keep himself safe while he rides. You can’t really see it but the shirt and pants have skulls on them. I never thought I would see the day of him wearing skulls lol. The picture to the right is Brian posing at some old building or house I don’t know. The picture below is Brendan riding through the box canyon. I made it nice and big so he doesn’t get mad at me for you guys not being able to see how cool he looks and the water splashing out. Ok now he’s not going to be mad about the picture being to small but about all the stuff I just said about him looking cool and what not ;)                                                                                            012

While Brendan was gone I decided to make a shower curtain valance since my shower was so tall and my cute monkey curtain looked retarded being so short. Thanks to Shanty2Chic for the cute/great idea. I might add some ribbon to it sometime but for now it will do.                                     001016

Here is another before and after I have done. I started it quite sometime ago but lost the needle in the middle of it so just finished it a few weeks ago. I decided that I would update my cheap pants to the new style with the thick thread on the jeans, those jeans tend to be at least 70 and up it seems so I got myself a big needle and some embroidery thread and went to work. I love how they turned out!001002 

003001 

Remember I mentioned Carsten climbing places I don’t want him to well look where I 001found him last night! Way up on my headboard Little Stinker! Ok…Ok people the only stinker here is me cause I am teasing you. I stuck him up there and he loved it! He just sat there grinning and kicking his little feet. It was SOO cute :)

 

 

 

 

Jennifer and Reggie and their kiddos are staying at our house for the week while he takes some classes for work. We love having them over! Jennifer was so sweet and helped clean my house all day 006Tuesday in preparation for Bunco which was held at my house last night. I get together once a month with some friends and we take turns hosting. LOVE it! Anyway, back to the Reed family(Jenifer and Reggie) I ‘made’ Reggie get out the go-cart out(didn’t take much convincing) and go for a ride. Being the piece of junk it is it broke down numerous time but he had fun. He took his kids for a ride and even Jennifer got in it and had some fun going around the house a few times. Here is a picture of Reggie and Kira going for a ride.

 

Brendan was so sweet and hung007 up something's around the house that I have been wanting up before my Bunco gals showed up. Here are the men at work. I LOVE my stars!  Thanks guys!

                                                   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Speaking of around the house, I took a video today of what my house looks like inside. I mostly did it for my sister Sariah who lives in Washington State so that she would now the layout of my house. I have tried to draw it for her but video is so much better. I know also that some of you have asked to see what my house looks like inside so here ya go :) This is a clean as it gets lol           

        

Brendan had the scout over tonight to make mountain man capotes’ for an activity or maybe it is for mountain man I don’t know anyway one of the boys brought his coon hat and let Landon try it on. It was so cute and Landon thought he looked pretty cool!                                              015013014

Alright one last ‘before and after’ I thought it was so cute when ‘Cat’ was a kitten she would cuddle up on my fuzzy monster slipper. Well I caught her cuddling up to it just recently. She’s grown a little don’t ya think!?! The before picture is from August and the after is December! So amazing how fast animals grow!                                                                                               006001

p.s. Sorry if there are typos, it is 1:30 in the morning and I don’t feel like proof reading it :)

Comments

Kasey said…
My nap alarm is set now too! No more forgetting about the kids coming home from school! Super cute post Katie!
Stefany Pew said…
I love your house! I really like the wooden doors and the "country" feel to it. Hopefully soon David and I can move so I can have the "fun" of decorating a new house and having more space. Looks like fun!
Meagan Rogers said…
Cute kids! Gaige shy and mellow? haha. Funny how different they can be at school. I have this crazy brother who was the same way. I love those mice and your other cute projects! Turned out great.
Salsa Mama said…
What a cute post! Glad your kiddos are doing so well. I LOVE your shower curtain valance. It really did make a difference!
Holly said…
Always good to hear an update on everyone. You have a cute family. If only we lived closer....:)
Kindy said…
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so dang cute! And I LOVE your house! Very creative to update your jeans like that, they look awesome. Love ya!
jacblanch said…
Super cute kiddo's, and I LOVE your house! You have it decorated so cute.
Heitmann Family said…
Loved that post!! The kids' pictures are cute!! I love the house tour!! I love the wood in your house!! Your jeans turned out cute and so is that valance in your kids' bath!! You are pretty handy Katie!!
Krista said…
Your kids are adorable! We miss being able to hang out with you guys. Our kids would have a blast together. Way cute house.
Love the post! Thanks for the tour...beautiful! I love the pics of CArsten below, it reminds of when MAson played in that mud puddle.
The bendaroos are adorable!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your house and your valance.

The kids look great!!
Anonymous said…
That was fun seeing your house! Cute kids, as always!
LOVE the house, Katie. I can't believe it's been so long since I've been over! (Charlie needs to plan visits for when I'm not out of town--ha ha).

The jeans, valance, kiddos...everything is great...do you do anything that's NOT great? ;) What a lucky husband you have :)
Jennifer said…
The the update!
I couldn't watch the video of your house for some reason...my computers fault. But I love the stars!
Kileys dress is so cute!
Hey. Katie...I love your house. Can't believe I haven't been there yet!

Saw this today and thought of you...when you mentioned the area on the wall you wanted to section off for organizing. Anyway, here is the link: http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2009/07/kids-organizing-bulletin-board.html

Hope you like it :)

See you soon--ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog