Carsten’s Surgery

Carsten surgery

So I wanted to write about Carsten Surgery. It went really well. Brendan had to take him because I woke up puking and Gaige was about an hour behind me. That was NO fun! I was really bummed I wasn’t able to be there with him but he loves Brendan to pieces so Carsten wasn’t complaining.  Brendan enjoyed being able to hang out with him for a couple hours before the surgery. The surgery was at 8:30 and check in was 6:30 so they had some time to kill :)  Anyway, Carsten went in for a left side Inguinal Hernia repair. When the Doctors go in there it is standard procedure to do exploratory surgery on the other side to make sure they don’t have a hernia on that side too. Well Carsten did it was small and nothing was protruding like his other one. His left side was always pushed out and was the size of a ping pong ball. It actually was a little bigger this last week. Poor kid on Sunday couldn’t even walk, he did something to hurt himself more. So from Sunday to Wednesday if he did walk he limped everywhere but he mainly crawled or I carried him every where. He was miserable the poor guy. Ok back to the surgery, so what I was getting at was they found a right side hernia too that needed repair. We have a picture of it but I think I will save you guys from that unless you want to see it. It’s not gross or anything. So he has two incisions in the upper groin area about 3/4 an inch each and they’re sutured on the inside and glued the outside kind of like my c-section. The nice thing is is that I don’t have to take him in for a check up(unless something is going on of course) I just have to call and let them know thing are ok. That is a plus considering it is on Dobson. He has been in a little pain but we are able to manage it with just Tylenol. It was cute they gave him the little hat he is wearing in the picture, a little stuffed monkey, a book and a Sippy cup. He was well taken care of. He love to hug his monkey and sleep with him. Oh His Dr. was Dr Pham he was a good doctor didn’t speak that great of English but he got the job done :) Oh I guess they gave him something similar to am epidural to numb him and also put him out but what I was getting at was when he got home he still didn’t have full use of his legs and he really wanted to walk so every time he would try he would just fall and when Brendan would help him he looked like he had puppet legs it was a little funny. One time when he was trying to stand he kept falling and then he just sat there and looked at his legs and moved his toes but you could just see what he was thinking “Why aren’t my legs working the way there suppose too, I know I can walk what is up?” It was cute. Well that is all we are all on the mend of the flu over here except Carsten. He still has not got it, praying he doesn’t. He does have a bit of a cold so I am hoping it doesn’t move into his chest because I am sure it will not feel good to cough. I am so glad everything went well and I feel so blessed that he was able to make it to his surgery date without getting sick. That was the LONGEST 2 weeks I swear!! :0)

Comments

Holly said…
Glad everything went well with his surgery! Hope the rest of you are feeling better!
Kasey said…
So glad everything was good. But how in the heck did he get a hernia? Don't people get those from picking things up that are too heavy? Well, I'm glad it's all taken care of. His clown hat is so cute!
Heather said…
What a cutie! Glad everything went well.
Salsa Mama said…
Poor guy! Glad that got fixed and he is on the mend.
Kelsey said…
Glad to hear everything went well with him and that they were able to find the other little one too. I can't believe he had them at such a young age. Let me know if you need anything
Kindy said…
Poor Guy. I'm glad that everything went well and that you're all feeling better!
Meagan said…
What a cute little picture. Glad he is doing better.
Anonymous said…
poor kiddo! I bet you're glad that's over with!
Reeds said…
Poor little Carsten! I am glad he never got the flu!
jacblanch said…
He looks so cute in that picture! I'm so glad everything went good! My nephew had the same surgery before he turned one. Sending you guys HEALTHY wishes!
amy said…
LoVE lOvE LOve the hat! Priceless! So glad those 2 weeks are over for ya and things are better!
Shannon said…
He looks so cute in his hat. Glad the surgery went well and that he is doing well.
Jennifer said…
Poor little guy! I am glad things went well though.
Heitmann Family said…
I am so glad things went well for little Carsten!!
Love his little hat! Glad they took care of both hernias so they he won't have to go through it again! What a deal with all the sickness! Glad it is over!

Popular posts from this blog

Heartbroken :.(

He's Here!