Snake season :s

snake snake2snake1

Brendan found a Western Diamond Back Rattlesnake out front. If you look on the picture of Gaige you can see where I put ‘around here’ there is a little dirt road out there you can see, he found it somewhere around there. He chopped its head off and we just sat there watching it move around as you can see the kids wanted to hold it. Brendan got some pliers to cut off the rattle and when he started to cut it off the thing struck at him a few times. Me and my sister screamed our heads off I wish I had it on video. Brendan jumped pretty good every time it came at him. It was weird that it struck right at him and not in some other direction with not having a head on. Brendan skinned it and cooked it on the grill and everyone but Kiley tried a tiny little piece. It was interesting ‘Tasted like chicken’ lol. Sariah had a fun story to tell her kids and now we all can say we ate rattlesnake ha ha I thought the tail was pretty cool hadn’t seen that before with the stripes. Hopefully we won’t find too many more around…. scary!! Brendan is tanning the skin and having fun with that.

Comments

jacblanch said…
Ack! How scary! I didn't know Sariah was in town! How fun. :)
Anonymous said…
I've never heard of them still striking with their heads cut off, how WEIRD! Scary!
Meagan said…
Nasty! Now I'm going to be freaked out when I leave your house at night and have to go out in the dark to my car.
Tori said…
Umm scary! And you are brave for eating it!
Holly said…
One word : YUCKY!
Van Cott Family said…
Um, ewe! Maybe it will serve as a warning an you won't see any others all summer long!

--Julie
Jennifer said…
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I so would have flipped out!
Shannon said…
yuck!!!!! can't believe you ate that.
Connie said…
I like all your pics

Popular posts from this blog