Bear Lake etc….

We were able to have a family reunion with all my siblings and their families in July and had a GREAT time! We all met up in Salt Lake for a couple days and had a fun time we went to a horse parade that was right in front of the hotel then we caught the tram to Temple square, we went to the old tabernacle, the Joseph Smith movie and walked around it was a fun time. The kids also went swimming at the pool. When Kiley was heading back to our room she was with my 4 year old niece Kaelsy and the elevator broke down, they were stuck in there for about 15 minutes. Kiley did ok but was a little distraught and Kaelsy about peed her pants lol. We were glad the elevator decided to work on it’s own because the maintenance didn’t have a clue what to do they were ready to open it with a crowbar but were having a hard time locating it. Sunday morning Brendan, Kiley and some other family members went to The Spoken Word. Kiley loved it and got the conductors autograph.

002Carsten was quite happy to get to Salt Lake and be out of the car he loved being able to stretch out and get comfy in his bed

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------010-------

 

A couple pictures of the horses from the parade. These Clydesdales were the biggest horses I had ever seen007

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On our way to Temple Square

       019 020 021

Tempe Square

024 026 030037 043 051  056 058

We then packed up and headed to Bear Lake where we had a big cabin rented out for everyone. It was a lot of fun to be together and let the kids play. We would go to the beach for the day and just hang, ride wave runners and watch the kiddos brave the cold water. It was windy two out of the three days we were there so the made the water even colder. I had a lot of fun hanging out with my oldest niece Whitley. Me and Whitley were practically on the wave runners the whole time I wrecked us once hee hee. I let her drive and she dunked me once too pay backs I guess :) I took Carsten for a drive and he wasn’t too happy when it ended he loved it. I also taught Gaige and Kiley how to drive them. It was a lot of fun.

110 099 116 128 106     114 102 138 132 141

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to the Minnetonka Caves on Wed. That was a lot of fun I had never really been in a cave before. It was pretty chilly staying at 40 degrees all year round. We were in there for about an hour. Lots and LOTS of stairs though!!

092 090 088 071  081 065

--------------------------------------------------------------------144We started for home on Thursday and took our time and spent the night in Hurricane the went to the Zion's National Park. It was Gorgeous! We practically spent the whole day there, hiking and chilling in the heat :) We took the back way out and went through a mile long tunnel that was built in the 1930’s. The kids loved that! They always love to go trough the one by Superior so this one beat all. It was cool though once you get out of that tunnel the scenery and rocks are totally different then the other side it was like we drove to some totally different place, it was cool. 

 

  

155 157 160 161 169 174162 182   190 193 228photoshop

I took a beautiful picture of this mountain and we forgot we wanted to get a family picture in front of it so I photoshopped us in real quick lol. Anyway, it was a great LONG trip put about 2000 miles on the car, the kids did great with all the traveling. Can’t wait til the next reunion!

Comments

Stephanie said…
That looks like a blast!! I wish I could head up to Bear Lake :( I miss that place! Jeff and I would move back to Logan in a heart beat if there was work up there! Glad you guys had fun and made it back safe.
Kelsey said…
Wow, what a fun filled trip!! Love all the pictures and looks like you guys had a blast!
Meagan said…
Cute pictures. Such a fun trip.
Kasey said…
I never would have known it was photoshopped You're awesome! Seriously looks like a super fun trip. I wish we could have done something more than camping this summer. Next summer though we're going to Navoo, so that should be fun...with an infant. Yeah!
Holly said…
Glad your trip was fun and safe!
Tori said…
So many cute pics! Your kids are absolutely adorable! And, I love your hat that you had at Bear Lake! Where did you get it?
jacblanch said…
Looks like lots of fun! Beautiful pics. BTW- my cousin works at Music and the Spoken Word all the time. She works either as a camera-woman or in the sound booth. Zions looks really pretty! Glad you had a good time!
Stefany Pew said…
What a fun trip!!! I can't believe how big Carsten is getting. I love the shot of his booty crack! Hahaha! I'm jealous you got to ride waverunners. Those are one of my most favorite things to do at the lake. Looks like you had a great family trip!
Love all the pics...I wondered why that last picture looked so fake. The mountain was beautiful with all the clouds in the sky.
Jessica Downey said…
Cute blog! You're so great at documenting your life with pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Heartbroken :.(

He's Here!