Gaige is 6!


My Handsome first born son is now six! Man I am getting old!!! He is such a joy to have in our home. He is always full of love and tells me how beautiful I look when I get dressed up to go out.(He's better at it then his Dad I might add!!) He loves to help around the house and do his chores. If he could he would play the xbox or wii ALL day if I didn't set limits. He loves to play with Kiley and gets upset when she ignores him . He has always looked up to her so much. I love when they are Best Friends and not stinkers to each other. He loves school, he is loving learning new things picked up reading like it was nothing. He is a good big brother and helps me with Carsten. Anyway, I could keep going and going but the most important thing is that we love you Gaige!
*
I threw Gaige his his 1st party and we did a space related party. He has 7 boys show up and they had a blast! We made decorated Aliens masks and UFO's(paper plate with a bowl glued on top) Then for games we did a contest to see who's UFO could fly the farthest, pin the eye on the alien and Blast off!(just like duck, duck, goose except it is star, star, comet) Then we did balloon rockets and the boys had lots of fun! We then had cupcakes and ice cream. My sister sent me pics of how to make alien cupcakes and they were a hit. I put them on silver plates and it looked like they were flying around in their UFO(The book she has is the bomb it is called 'Hello Cupcake' Anyway, here are some pictures from the party.
*
The boys posing in their Alien Masks

*
Getting ready to play 'pin the eye on the Alien'(I love 'pin the whatever' games if you remember which of course you don't I did 'kiss the frog' at Kiley's princess Party. )

*
The boys letting go of the 'rocket' Balloons (My arm is still sore from pumping those up time after time)

*
Gaige Blowing out his Alien cupcake.(we had trick candles that is why there is so much smoke he blew and blew and blew. It was pretty funny)

*
The Alien cupcakes(Thanks Sariah!)

They had a great time and I am glad it is over! You know how that goes fun to throw but so much work! :) The memories that are made are so worth it though!
*
*
*
This has nothing to do with the party except it occurred on the same day. Brendan bought me and him motorcycles. Here I am off to go get the mail right after he brought them home. It should be fun! Then Brendan, Brian and the neighbor went on a night ride somewhere out here. I went on a ride today! It will take some getting use to though so I am totally confident in my riding.

Comments

Meagan Rogers said…
What a fun party! You did awesome. Glad he had a great birthday. And I love your new dirtbikes! Josh can't wait to come try them out.
I still remember all the times I randomly ran into you at walmart in Phoenix and now here you are with a household of beautiful kids still looking beautiful yourself. The party looked like it was a blast. I love all the ideas and may have to steal them once Kellen gets old enough to care about parties. :-)
Kindy said…
Holy motorcycle chic! I tried to drive Kaelsy's once, I couldn't do it.
The party ideas were way cute.
Heitmann Family said…
Happy Birthday Gaige!! The party looks like it was a success. I love the alien cupcakes. And by the way you look great on that bike!!
Holly said…
Holy Moly Katie..our kids are growing,crazy! Looks like it was a blast! What a fun and cool mom you are!
Wow I can't believe Gaige is 6! What fun party ideas! Glad he had a great birthday. Have fun with your new bikes, you are way braver than me!
Kasey said…
What a fun Alien party! Happy birthday to Gaige!

You look HOT on a bike. I think I like 4 wheels way better. I don't know if I could do a bike. I'm too scared!
Celeste B. said…
What a great mom you are! I'm sure Gaige LOVED the party.
jacblanch said…
Happy b-day to Gaige! Love the bike! Brent got a motorcycle (but not a dirtbike) in March, and I want one too. I LOVE going on rides with him.
Lydia said…
Happy Birthday Gaige!!! Looks like you had a really fun party! Katie...you be careful!!
Reeds said…
Oh what a hit! The alien cupcakes are SO cute(if aliens can be cute). The masks totally look like something you bought. Looks like fun. And his and hers MOTORCYCLES?!! Holy cow you guys are crazy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAIGE!! (Sorry we were duds and never called-hopefully I still will-just a little late)
Jennifer said…
:) I love your little messengar bag you care carrying to go get the mail! Cute!
Connie said…
Nice to see all the pic and read all the info. Your profiles turned out great. Looks good on your wall
MERN said…
A dirtbike? You GO GIRL! Thats impressive.

Popular posts from this blog